AI Update with Dr David Bray, Exec Dir People-Centered Internet Coalition
Today’s Device Squad, the podcast for the mobile enterprise, is a real treat. Sr. Mobile Strategist, Glenn Gruber of the Emerging Technology Council speaks with Dr. David Bray, Executive Director, People-Centered Internet coalition and former CIO of the FCC. They cover a number of AI topics around privacy and security, including the organizational and human impacts of introducing AI into the enterprise.
In 2016, Business Insider named David one of the top “24 Americans Who Are Changing the World.” He was also named a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum for 2016-2021. He accepted the role of Co-Chair for an IEEE Committee focused on Artificial Intelligence, automated systems, and innovative policies globally for 2016-2017 and has been serving as a Visiting Executive In-Residence at Harvard University since 2015. Since 2017, he has served as Executive Director for the People-Centered Internet coalition co-founded by Vint Cerf, focused on providing support and expertise for community-focused projects that measurably improve people’s lives using the internet.
This episode answers the following questions, and many more:
- What does crossing your arms tell us about AI bias?
- How do I know if our organization is ready to use AI?
- What are some Enterprise AI do’s, don’ts and use cases?
- What’s up with AI and voice recognition?
- What is the People-Centered Internet coalition and what is its mission?
- What was “The mother of all demos” and what did it demonstrate?
- What will AI enable in the next 5-10 years?
- What role will quantum computing play in AI?
- How does ai helps you keep control of your own data?
- How does AI differ from Machine Learning, Neural Networks, and Big Data?
- What new enterprise roles around data privacy and consent are needed?
- How do time and space relate to our enterprise dataset?
- What is the evolution of Google Translate and Emergent Behaviors?
- What is the role of AI in diplomatic negotiation?
- What is the role of AI in medicine?
- What happens when AI goes wrong?
Links in the episode: