Digital Tools for Autism Spectrum Disorder & Asperger’s Syndrome
Today on Device Squad, the podcast for the mobile enterprise from Propelics, Steve hosts a panel discussion on digital tools for Autism Spectrum Disorder & Asperger’s Syndrome with Dr. Alexander Cohen, MD PhD, Child Neurologist at Boston Children’s Hospital, Michael McWatters, UX Architect at TED Conferences, and Cathy Farmer, Board of Directors Member for the Organization for Autism Research.
Today’s topic strays a bit from our usual Enterprise Mobility focus. Instead, we’re featuring a topic near and dear to our hearts that we’re sure all our listeners can benefit from. All of today’s guests—including our host—have deep experience with Autism—Steve, Cathy and Michael all have siblings and/or children on the spectrum.
This episode covers the following topics:
- Autism Spectrum – a look at the numbers
- A brief history of Autism therapies
- Apps (and robots) for children with Autism/Asperger’s
- Designing 101 for Autism/Asperger’s
- The benefits of VR, TV, and SMS
- How a spectrum diagnosis is made
- The state of mobile diagnostic tools
- Celebrating the unique talents of those with Asperger’s
- In the works: a centralized, comprehensive database of digital resources for Autism/Asperger’s