Shut off the Internet! with Jim Forrest, Creative Innovation Dir @Intrepid—an Accenture Studio
In today’s Device Squad, the podcast for the mobile enterprise from Propelics, Steve talks with Jim Forrest, Creative Innovation Director at Intrepid – an Accenture studio.
A super-talented designer/musician, and all-around brilliant human, Jim recently moved his family from Somerville, MA to Copenhagen, Denmark to pursue a career with Accenture—and quickly discovered a better way of life. He also has this crazy-genius idea about shutting off the internet. Find out why he feels this way, and why life is so much better in Denmark.
This episode also discusses:
- Finding design inspiration
- Developing a family manifesto for healthier internet habits
- Creating social change for healthier device usage through education (and how Apple can help)
- The benefits of a notification manager and granular, app-specific control
- The kid’s iPhone Apple needs to build
Links in the episode:
- Jim Forrest on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jim-forrest/
- Forrest James Bandcamp: https://forrestjames.bandcamp.com/
- Twitter: @james_forrest